By using Outlook, you can access your Gmail account without VPN in China. VPN is necessary only once when you connect your Outlook account to Gmail.
- Create an account or sign in https://outlook.live.com. ID can be the same as Gmail account.
- (Require VPN in this step) Setting -> Options -> Connected accounts(in Accounts) -> Add a connected account “Gmail”. If you are using Beta version, Setting -> View all Outlook settings -> Mail -> Sync email -> Gmail
- Sync account and Gmail will be automatically synced with your outlook account!
This is for the Outlook beta version users.
- iOS devices like iPhone and iPad: Choose “outlook.com” when you add an account.
- Mac Mail app: I haven’t find a way to sync. So I installed “MS Outlook” rather than Mail, and it works perfectly.